Monday, October 29, 2007

Lunch at Fong Lye Taiwanese Restaurant (The Gardens, Midvalley)


Last Friday, me and my dear went to makan-makan at the Gardens, Midvalley. I have actually decided to bring her to eat at the famous taiwanese restaurant (recommended by my frens and colleagues) beforehand. Since we were early, so we went jalan-jalan with a short tour at the Gardens. Surprisingly, it looks more like a modern KLCC with focus on the designs. We went to Robinsons, and were thrilled to see a lot of nice and expensive household stuffs, especially kitchenware and bedrooms.

Then, we moved on to eat at the Fong Lye Taiwanese Restaurant, which is located at the 2nd highest floor. I ordered a steam fish (RM16.80) and a lime juice (RM5.80). The steam fish came with a few tiny dishes, mainly as appetizers, a bowl of rice (was told its typical Taiwanese rice) and also a soup. The steam fish tasted very nice. Even though I don't really know how to taste a fresh fish, the meat was really smooth and without any strong smell. The tiny dishes were also ok, but not the soup. It was a sour soup with some vegetables in there. Some might like it but not for me.





My dear ordered an apple yogurt juice (RM6.80) and a cheesy pork chop (RM18.80). When the pork chop came, we didn't know that it was pork chop as it came with a 'nasi goreng pattaya' style kind of fried rice. Anyway, she tasted it and didn't really like it at first. So, it ended up me eating her portions more than herself.

No comments: